Outer Journey
It's really hard to choose just one favorite place on this trip, it was all such a great learning experience! If I were to choose my favorite spot in the French Quarter, it would be Jackson statue looking at the cathedral. I think this is the most interesting and my favorite because it is the place that has brought this city to be so close together. It is the religion, spirit, and heart of the city that has gotten them all through these hard times. When standing there you can feel the history of this city and how it’s members cherish their home, New Orleans. It’s where the City started, you look around and you see Andrew Jacksons statue who saved the city from being invaded by the British. Micaela Almonester Pontalba had built the historical homes that surround the square and holds so much history. The Cathedral is where everyone has met to worship and practice their religion which has brought them close together. I think it’s a good place for people to see and feel the history in this city. It still brings people together, there are artists that hang there art on the fence around the square. There are performers that meet to the fill the square with music, laughter, and joy. I just think it’s a beautiful place that accepts everyone for who they are.
Inner Journey
This trip has made me learn a lot and I’m really glad that I went on it. I really can’t wait until I can go back and visit! My favorite part was that it was all organized for you to get to see all of the city and learn it’s history but, you were also able to do your own thing during the trip as well. I loved that when you walked down the street you were surrounded by art with seeing it, the buildings, hearing it, the people, it was just everywhere! I loved that this city is not fast paced by any means, everyone just takes it easy and is “chill”, no one really seems to be living by an agenda. It really made me slow down and just take in my surroundings to enjoy, that was a huge life long lesson I learned on this trip. I also loved when you’re walking down the street people aren’t rushing to place to place on their cell phones and avoiding to talk to anyone around them. Here everyone talks to one another, complimenting each other, and just accepting anyone for who they are. No one sees each other as competition and seemed to want the best for each other. I really saw this with the bands, when they played it wasn’t to be perfect or to be the best. They played to have a good time and have a “jam session” with each other. The way of life there is to really enjoy your everyone moment and to bring others into that happy place with you.

No comments:
Post a Comment